Facilitator: Alison Krusec
What can you see that tells you a child is struggling or thriving?
The beginning of the year can be full of change. Change and transitions can be scary and hard, or they can be fun and exciting. Every child responds differently.
This webinar aims to get you set for a great start to 2022. It’s designed to help you identify when children feel unheard and unseen, and support children navigating new situations, getting to grips with their feelings and emotions, and making sense of things.
We draw on a range of resources that open up conversations around safety, friendships, change and uncertainty, that help you listen to and observe children, and discover what they are showing/telling us.
We will cover:
- acknowledging change – exploring new places, faces and routines
- accepting the feelings – being brave enough to accept the feelings that come with change and not deny them
- step by step – what resources, tools and creative strategies we can use to support children?
- expect unexpected emotions – even with the best laid plans and intentions, sometimes the unexpected happens, so how do we hold that space and what does that look like?
- responsive, not reactive – bringing it all together to provide children with a safe space, consistency and certainty.
Resources used in the workshop:
Resources will include a range of the following: Anxiety Solutions for Kids, Body Signals®, The Bears, Strengths Cards for Kids, Tell A Trusted Adult, Stones…have feelings too!, Mates Traits, Cars R Us, Strength Cards®, Reflexions.
We look forward to seeing you!
Buy your ticket now and receive the workshop link by email within 48 hours.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org