A resource for managing feelings in young children
Learning to recognise and manage our feelings is at the heart of emotional learning.
The Early Years Managing Feelings Value Pack has been curated to help children develop these essential skills with resources that focus on emotions, strengths and body signals through fabulous characters that children love.
The Early Years Managing Feelings value pack includes:
- Anxiety Solution for Kids – 50 simple, practical, and fun activities for anxious or worried children. These cards help kids explore big feelings and find strategies that work best for them.
- Body Signals® – a card set featuring a playful mob of meerkats who help children tune into their body signals and build a language to describe them.
- The Bears – a beloved resource for children. These simple yet powerful cards empower children to identify, talk about and reflect on feelings.
- Stones … have feelings too! – a set of stone characters with personalities and feelings, that children can explore to build a feelings vocabulary for themselves.
- Funky Fish Feelings – 48 fabulous fish characters that help children describe feelings. Great for storytelling.
- The Bears Stickers – 480 stickers that are perfect for sharing and letting everyone know what you are feeling.
- Stones … have feelings too! Stickers – 520 stickers that can communicate how we respect and value each other.
- Byron and the Chairs – a story for creating conversations with younger children about the little emotional monsters that sometimes show up in our lives.
Suggested uses for this pack:
- Each card set comes with a booklet containing a range of activity ideas.
- These resources can be used across the curriculum to support social and emotional skills development, and build self-esteem, resilience, and responsive, positive relationships.
- Can be used with culturally and linguistically diverse children and families and shared with parents and carers to support their child’s development.
Download the Pack’s Ideas Bank for more tips and suggestions.
Innovative Resources is listed on the Victorian Government’s School Readiness Funding menu, providing resources and training to help Early Years teams build social and emotional skills in children and families.