Tailored resources for supporting children who have experienced trauma
Every child faces difficulty from time to time, but unfortunately, many also experience significant trauma, including abuse and family separation.
The Early Years Trauma Informed Care value pack has been curated to help children when extra support is greatly needed. This collection of resources is developed using a strengths-based, solutions-focussed and trauma-informed approach to supporting children with challenges great and small.
This value pack includes:
- Tell a Trusted Adult – a gentle resource that supports discussions around safety with children.
- Body Signals®– a card set featuring a playful mob of meerkats who help children tune into their body signals and build a language to describe them.
- Anxiety Solution for Kids – 50 simple, practical, and fun activities for anxious or worried children. These cards help kids explore big feelings and find strategies that work for them.
- Strength Cards for Kids – a tailor-made resource for talking with children about strengths, what they are and how to build them.
- Cars R Us – a unique, interactive tool for exploring emotions and learning how to make skillful choices.
- Rosy and Jack – a story that shows parents and carers that children respond differently to trauma.
Suggested uses for this pack:
- Each card set comes with a booklet containing activity ideas.
- These resources can be used across the curriculum to support social and emotional skills development, self-esteem, resilience, and responsive and positive relationship building
- Can be used with culturally and linguistically diverse children and families or shared with parents and carers to support their child’s development.
Download the Pack’s Ideas Bank for more tips and suggestions.
Workshop: Tools for Building Social & Emotional Literacy in the Early Years
Innovative Resources is listed on the Victorian Government’s School Readiness Funding menu, providing resources and training to help Early Years teams build specific social and emotional skills in children and families.