Innovative Resources, listed on Victoria’s SRF menu, provides resources and training to help Early Years teams build explicit social and emotional skills in children and families.
Our colourful, fun-filled resources and training apply a strengths-based approach, recognised as an effective way to support wellbeing in the early years, and help promote a whole-of-setting focus on wellbeing:
- supporting children to manage their emotions and build resilience
- strengthening children’s social and emotional wellbeing
- capturing the voice of the child
- partnering with families.
The Early Years Value Packs – this Pack is one of four that have been specially curated to focus on managing feelings, trauma informed care, supporting families and building respectful relationships. They can be used with culturally and linguistically diverse children and families, and shared with parents and carers to support their child’s development.
The Early Years Trauma Informed Care value pack
Every child faces difficulty from time to time, but unfortunately many also experience significant trauma including abuse and family separation. This is when extra support is greatly needed. Here is a collection of resources developed from a strengths based, solutions-focussed and trauma informed practice for supporting children with challenges great and small. It includes:
- Can-Do Dinosaurs – ideal for helping children overcome fears, develop confidence, build friendships and make good decisions by focusing on what they can do, rather than what they can’t
- Cars R Us – a unique, interactive tool for exploring emotions and learning how to make skillful choices
- Anxiety Solution for Kids – 50 simple, practical, creative, fun activities for anxious or worried children to explore to see what might work best for them
- Body Signals® – a marvellous mob of meerkats who help children tune into their body signals and build the language to describe them
- Tell a Trusted Adult – a gentle resource for supporting early learning educators to explore safety with children in fun and effective ways
- Strength Cards for Kids – a tailor-made resource for talking with children about strengths and what they are
- The Mixed Stickers pack – 388 mixed bears, strengths and stones stickers – perfect for sharing and letting everyone know how you’re feeling
Ideas for use
- Each card set comes with a booklet of ideas for use
- Download the Pack’s Ideas Bank for more tips and suggestions.