There is no perfect way to parent, and in this highly-engaging workshop, delivered over two 2 hour sessions, we explore a diverse range of original Innovative Resources tools and strategies that can help you help the families you work with recognise their strengths and spiral up.
Who is this workshop for?
This online workshop is for anyone who works with children and families, including child, youth and family workers, teachers, counsellors, pastoral care workers.
What will be covered?
Participants in this workshop will:
- be introduced to a range of strengths-based and solutions-focussed principles and skills, including reframing, externalising, noticing exceptions and normalising
- explore a range of tools and activities for creating conversations with families about strengths, emotions and goals
- learn techniques to identify and build resilience in parents and families
- experiment with resources and activities that can be incorporated into family programs
- take away a range of immediately applicable ideas to support their work with families
Resources used in the workshop
Resources will include a range of the following: Choosing Strengths, Strength Cards®, Strength Cards for Kids, Positive Parenting, Two Worlds, Deep Speak, Tell A Trusted Adult, Bears, Stones…have feelings too!, Mates Traits, POSTcards, plus tactile tools and stickers.
Date and time
Thurs July 22nd and Thurs July 29th, 3.30 – 5.30pm
Limited places – book now!