Tools to empower kids in challenging situations
An essential aspect of social and emotional learning is empowering children to stay safe. By teaching them to recognise their body signals or early warning signs, we can help them respond to challenging situations.
Tell a Trusted Adult is the perfect resource for supporting early learning educators, primary teachers, parents and anyone working with children and families.
The set includes 13 pairs and 9 activity cards that feature gentle, original artwork and lack words. This resource is designed specifically to support children with low literacy levels, those who are visual learners and individuals from a culturally and linguistically diverse background. The resource is effective in building social and emotional literacy in children.
Tell a Trusted Adult Kit is a child safety resource containing cards and downloadable PFDs:
- Tell a Trusted Adult card set and booklet with suggestions and prompts for supporting children in building language around emotions and identifying their body signals.
- 10 lesson plans, one for each week of the school term, with activities tailored for 3-10+-year-olds (downloads)
- a set of six full-colour posters for reinforcing the safety messages (downloads).
This resource is an integrated tool for working with children and can be used across the curriculum, in classrooms, groups, or one-on-one conversations.
Tell a Trusted Adult takes the anxiety out of difficult conversations and empowers children to stay safe.
- Early childhood settings
- Parents and carers
- Child and Family services
- Social and Community workers
Published by Innovative Resources
35 laminated, full-colour cards and booklet 130mm x 190mm
Presented in a polypropylene box
10 lesson plans (A4 PDFs with activities tailored to ages 3-10+) and 6 full-colour posters (A3 PDFs)
Authors: Sharon Hynes & Katerina Meda with Sue King-Smith & Karen Bedford
Designer: Katerina Meda