Curated resources for emotionally resilient children and families
*Now with a free Bears cube!
Anticipating and meeting the sometimes-complex developmental needs of children takes skill, energy and commitment. In order to do that, parents, carers and educators need to also take care of themselves.
The Early Years Supporting Families value pack has been curated with resources that utilises a strengths-based approach. This approach is recognised as an effective way to support wellbeing in the early years, and help promote a whole-of-setting focus on wellbeing and positivity.
This value pack includes:
- Can-Do Dinosaurs – ideal for helping children overcome fears, develop confidence, build friendships, and make good decisions by focusing on what they can do rather than what they can’t.
- Positive Parenting – Motivating carers to be the best they can be
- Strength Cards for Kids – a tailor-made resource for talking with children about strengths, what they are and how to build them.
- Strength Cards Unlimited – A tool that expands the notion of what a strength can be
- The Bears cube – A free cube full of delightful characters from the famous card set for talking about feelings.
Suggested uses for this pack:
- Each card set comes with a booklet containing activity ideas.
- These resources can be used across the curriculum to support social and emotional skills development, self-esteem and responsive and positive relationship building
- Can be used with culturally and linguistically diverse children and families or shared with parents and carers to support their child’s development.
Download the Pack’s Ideas Bank for more tips and suggestions.
Innovative Resources is listed on the Victorian Government’s School Readiness Funding menu, providing resources and training to help Early Years teams build social and emotional skills in children and families.