Innovative Resources, listed on Victoria’s SRF menu, provides resources and training to help Early Years teams build explicit social and emotional skills in children and families.
Our colourful, fun-filled resources and training apply a strengths-based approach, recognised as an effective way to support wellbeing in the early years, and help promote a whole-of-setting focus on wellbeing:
- supporting children to manage their emotions and build resilience
- strengthening children’s social and emotional wellbeing
- capturing the voice of the child
- partnering with families.
The Early Years Value Packs – this Pack is one of four that have been specially curated to focus on managing feelings, trauma informed care, supporting families and building respectful relationships. They can be used with culturally and linguistically diverse children and families, and shared with parents and carers to support their child’s development.
The Early Years Supporting Families value pack
Anticipating and meeting the sometimes complex developmental needs of children takes skill, energy and commitment. To nurture children well, parents, carers and early childhood educators must also take care of themselves. This pack has been designed to support adults who care for children, perhaps while also navigating challenges of their own and includes:
- Choosing Strengths – designed to help people think differently about strengths – the ones they want to celebrate, build or admire
- Positive Parenting – a wonderful tool for opening up conversations with parents and carers about their experiences, ideas and hopes
- Rainbow Talk – cards for creating respectful conversations about diversity and identity, because everyone deserves respect
- Two Worlds – a unique resource for families experiencing separation, or significant transitions and life change – a reminder that each family member lives in their own unique worlds
- The Mixed Stickers pack – 388 mixed bears, strengths and stones stickers – perfect for sharing and letting everyone know how you’re feeling
- The Bears cube – 3 cubes full of delightful characters from the famous card set for talking about feelings
- Rosy and Jack – a story that shows parents/carers that children respond differently to trauma
Ideas for use
- Each card set comes with a booklet of ideas for use
- Download the Pack’s Ideas Bank for more tips and suggestions.