Discover your Top 8 – A focussed approach to practice developmentPosted: 20/01/2016
After completing a successful ‘Top 8’ Discussion Series with teams at St Luke’s throughout last year, we are now offering your organisation the opportunity to get on board.
- Would you like your staff to engage in developing their practice?
- Are there important practice issues that you think need more focus?
- Do you want to explore a culture of shared leadership in your team?
Then a “Top 8” package could be just what you are looking for.
This workshop aims to support your organisation’s staff practice development through the construction of a series of practice ‘headliners’, the ‘Top 8’, that gets to the heart of great work with the people your service supports.
Through direct consultation with your staff, Innovative Resources can help your teams to identify those areas of human services work that require focus. We can also support a series of rigorous, robust and even fun practice conversations that will leave your team members feeling empowered and energised.
Structure: A One day workshop comprising of four sessions. (Optional additional support by an Innovative Resources facilitator for the ongoing Top 8 sessions can be negotiated)
Session One: Review of a strengths approach to practice reflection
- Discussion around assumptions of the worker and practice, and reflection on why do we do this?
- A client centered approach a practice reflection
Session Two: How Top 8 works
- Discover how to run a series of practice discussions that are group led, normally 2 hours each, that place importance on the process over coming up with the ‘right answer’
- Discussion on the role of team leaders or managers within these conversations (participant rather than boss), and the development of questions as guides and as a practice activity
(Note: the workshop outlines the process of how the practice discussions work, but the discussions themselves are a follow up activity for the organisation, and Innovative Resources can be engaged to provide further facilitation if required)
Session Three: Finding your Top 8
- What are the most important practice issues?
- What do we need to talk about?
- Which practice topics would most benefit the people we work with?
Session Four: Discovering questions that inspire, intrigue and enthral
- Based on the outcome of Session 3 questions will be developed as preparation for follow up practice sessions.
Cost: $2500 plus GST for 1 Day workshop (plus reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs where incurred)
Interested? Then please contact us for a no obligation conversation around your needs.
Leave a Reply