One Step at a TimePosted: 08/11/2017
Sometimes, when you’re feeling stuck, the best thing to do is to get really simple. It may be time to park the big goals, the grand plans, and the long timeframes for now, and come down to simple, practical steps you can take now, today, tomorrow or this week.
Remember: small is beautiful, and even the biggest day begins with a single step (after you have rolled over and turned off the alarm, that is).
Next Steps includes four ‘timeframe cards’ for breaking actions down to the smallest moves. Place these timeframe cards next to other images in the set— such as the glass of water, the shopping trolley, the person walking in the park, the note pad—and create a clear picture of what your next step will be.
Here are some questions you can ask with each timeframe card:
- What simple step could you take right now?
- How would it help?
- Do you need anything to take that step?
- What is one positive thing you could do today?
- By the end of today, what is one step you would like to have taken?
- What could you do to make a start on something today?
- What is one useful step you could take tomorrow?
- When will you do it, how long will it take, and do you need anything to do it?
- Is there something you can do today to prepare for tomorrow’s step?
- What steps do you want to take this week?
- Is there someone who can support you in achieving them?
- How will you acknowledge the effort you have made?
Next Steps contains 4 Timeframe cards and 48 Laminated photos that suggest the next steps you could take!
Leave a Reply